Friday, March 18, 2005

From Fascism to Secularism!

Yesterday I saw Karan Thapars talk show with ex-shiv sena MP, Sanjay Nirupam. It was a pleasure seeing it! For once I saw a politician putting foot in mouth and also chewing it! This firebrand ex-shiv sainik recently quit shiv sena and is actually in search of a job. His plight while answering extremely pointed questions by karan was pitiable:-) here are samples of some of the killer questions posed by KT and Sanjay Nirupams pathetic and desparate replies:
KT:You have changed from hindutva to secularism overnight? You are planning to join a secular party now. Are you opportunist or is it genuine change of mind?
SN: Well, their is nothing like secularism, I like secularism, but you see I am a young man of 40 years, I cannot sit idle, I have to make my career somewhere! So have transformed my heart and become secular now
KT: You called Sonia a Liar and a threat to the nation sometime back.(KT also shows some proofs) Do you still think she is a threat.
SN: (After a long long sigh and with a sheepish grin) No, I dont think so now.

There were many more gems like these but the the above were my favourites. In my hostel days I was staying with my good friends who were stauch shiv sainiks. I remember I used to have nice spats since I was a so called pseudo secular. I wonder if this interview would have helped in registering a thumping win in many of my arguments then :)
I am waiting to see SN blasting BJP and SS in the parliament. I wish to see how a person who has lost all credibility stands his grounds.
~Amit

2 comments:

Fireix said...

dude ..to re-quote a diaglogue from the movie Page3.."In politics and in Film industry..there is nothing like permanent friendship or permanent enemy"

Its a game of colors ..how you blend into current colors counts on your bottomline ...

btw I talked to one of our staunch sainks the other day ..(the one who got just married)
am sure he is one captialist now :D

Automotivix said...

Yes I know, last time I met him he seemed a different person altogether!