Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Budget 2005 - My Take

The pundits say that the FM has done a good job. Big deal. That was expected from the celebrated trio of economic reforms, Manmohan, Montek Singh and P Chidambaram. But I really dont care what it means to the markets, equities, FDI and what not. To me it means only two things: Personal taxation has been simplified and eased a bit, and my perks have been taxed. I learnt as a kid that +ve and -ve nullify each other. So my finances stand as they were earlier. That's my take on the budget. I may be reading in between the lines and taking it quite literally. But I am not an expert in economics so I will wait till my tax consultant beams some sunlight down my brain. ...And btw, Times of India (ToI) has gone crazy, oh sorry, it was already crazy and now they are hell bent on proving it. Its budget printed on all pages today and that too colored with crayons and graphics!! What people will not do to sell these days! Somebody recently and rightly termed the new look Times as ToIlet Paper !!

~Amit

No comments: