Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I'm Back from my Hiatus!
-----------------------
Yeah I was on a much needed 10 day holiday. Lazed around,slept,ate like a pig,snored,zipped across,visiting relatives,friends, booze etc, did it all.Scorching summer heat, books and long travels kept me company..I somehow like travels and especially enjoy travelling alone..reading books and gaping at the setting sun through the railway window..Wearing jeans and T-shirt and standing on railway door with cool evening breeze blowing through your hairs! That feeling of freedom is unmatched even by a Ferrari..

I finished reading Pupul Jaykars "Indira Gandhi" during my leave. Its the 4th Political biography/novel that I have read in last 3 months. It was a necessity, because I'm a original congressman who later converted to BJP after seeing the downfall and plight of mighty congress.But,I can indentify myself with 'secular congress' and saffron BJP simultaneously. And with the melodrama that unfolded on the Indian Political scene last week and the Joy to hear that Sonia "listened to her inner voice" and turned down post of PM I was forced to re-examine and revive my congress roots. And this book did wonders for it..It fills you with awe for that Iron lady called Indira and the congress that she raised.There is this episode from 1971 War where she gave a tactical defeat to even US!! Another book that I wish to read next is "Is New York Burning" by Dominique lappeier and Larry Collins, it is a well re-searched fiction on possible nuclear threats from terrorist networks in the backdrop of 9/11 and Israel/Palestine conflict. After reading "freedom at midnght" by same set of authors I'm sure I will like their new work as well...
Now I am back to work,trying to oil my lazy bones to start working once again and it is a herculean task..

No comments: