Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Two Rocking Cities
-------------------
Yes, I am elated to be back on the site I usually miss so much! Gallons of water has flowed under the bridge since my last blog, and unfortunately I waz stuck in its flow...But I desparately hung on to every bit and straw (read 'weekends') that came my way. So these breathers lead me first to the city where people live their great american dream - New York. I flew their for a get together with my college days roomies K & B. K has not changed a bit; still the same ol cool guy...B has become a typical american patel :) Honestly the guys treated me royally, we drove around generally in Dil Chahata Hai istyle and visited all the cool places : Empire State, Times Sq, Statue of Liberty (my 5th wonder of the world!) , Manhattan, Central park and the stuff. K's friend N and his wifey invited us for a cool dinner at his place. Thanks 'N', it was nice to know u..but all the time these guys kept rediculing me as a village bumpkin, and I kept calling them ABCD :) Well, yes for a Europe familiar techie New York is still an alien place..its a man made wonder...I could not meet my friend 'S' in New York whom I had met in France few years back..She is a school teacher in Ney York and teaches High school...she was out of town :-( 'S' hope to meet you some time in future!

The next straw took me to Chicago, the windy city. I had driven there with some friends here. Heavy traffic on I-94 on the way back killed some of the fun of driving but overall it was fun driving...I averaged 140Kmph:) Chicago resembles Venice in Italy. A river runs right through the city and gives a spectacular view of its modern architecture buildings. Sears Tower (the tallest in US today) gives a awesome view...Navy Pier is a hip place on the banks of lake Michigan. Cool and polished crowd, live music and fantastic road side cuisine completes the picture. But the higlight of this trip was the Inidan Independance day parade which we got to see un-expectedly. It was a complete desi show on the Devon Street (full of desis) like the one we have on Janpath on 26th Jan. Mrs Madhuri Sriram Nene-Dixit and Munnabhai Sanjay Dutt were present as Parade marshals. Took some nice snaps of them to send to some of my madhuri crazy sisters! As for sanju baba, I myself like him as a actor. Best of the breed in bollywood I would say...watch his old movie called 'Hathyaar' its pretty good..!
The water is still flowing in full force, lets see if I can catch some more straws on coming weekends..cheers people!!
~Amit

No comments: