Saturday, August 21, 2004

Indian rock coming off age...
--------------------------
I got introduced to metal and rock pretty late and am still picking up the threads..(for those living under a stone I'm talking about rock and heavy metal music). Couple f years back I accidently landed in a place called 'The Hell' on airport road (the place has disappeared now) , where local Bangalore band "Threinody (spelled Thre-Nerdy)" had put up a jam session of their own original-indian-metal-music. And know what? I was zapped by the wizardry of their lead gutarist and his monster of a guitar...I have heard metal since I waz a child and seen many good local guitar players over the years (also tried being one sometime in past life) but realized the hidden beauty of metal only on that day. From then on there has been a conscious effort to apprecite this form of art...now I understand when people say that hard rock sets u free...
OK, so coming to the point after the above preamble...Threinody has a mailing list on which they are now introducing upcoming Indian bands...one of them I discovered is called "Shrapnel" . They have recently launched their album "Intellectual persuit" which is available for just 100Rs in metro cities. Visit their website shrapnelonline.net for listening to their sound bites and to shop for their CD. I am gonna buy it when I return to india. The Threinody website " Threinody.com " is unfortunately dead now..but keep visitng it , I hope they get back in action soon...3 cheers to indian rock...!!

No comments: