Monday, April 19, 2004

The Puppy Night!!
-------------------
Last week, on tuesday I went out on my daily after-dinner walk in the park nearby.BTW Bangalore really is living upto its name as garden city, some beautiful garden it is!! It was about 11.30 PM and I suddenly see this month old puppy stuck in a hole in the railing around the park. Quick inspection suggested that a puppy clan was probably trying to get out of the park and this poor chap chose a hole just enough for his tiny head to pass. The idiot could not figure out that he will not be able to wrench his body out of it and got stuck. So here I was..trying to prise his head out of the hole in which I succeded after about 10 minutes of effort. It was wailing all the time. I picked him up, consoled him and tried to find the rest of his brotherhood, who had sadly disappeared. Quite perplexed on what to do I decided to leave him near a ground in the vicinity in the hope that his mother might come searching for him..I had just about done that and turnded around that I see a pack of street mongrels growl menacingly at the poor kid...they attacked him even before I could pick him up..but I managed to shoo them away and was once again left with this terribly shaken baby. It was 12 PM by the time...I stood their for a while patting him...then decided to take him home...so I called up my roomie and we both took him home on bike and I placed him in the corner of the lawns in my appartments. Then we arranged for some water and biscuits for him.The poor kid was so shaken but comforted by our efforts that he waked up every now and then to check if we are there.I stayed up with him till about 2.30 AM!! and when he was asleep I asked the security guard to leave him with some street kids in a nearby hutments next morning...and went home.
Few days later I was again having my regular evening walk in the same park and I saw another puppy playing their:-( I feel awful for separating them but I guess it couldnt be helped...the other puppy is nowhere to be found now..I will anyway keep searching for him....God bless him....

No comments: