Tuesday, December 04, 2007

OSO - Brilliant, Simply Brilliant !

The stats are officially out, OSO a.k.a Om Shanti Om is the biggest Indian grosser of all time. The loud one pager ad in times of India confirms this news.
The entire OSO teams deserves applause for they are also the biggest conmen of all time! Look what they have achieved! They could sell the old wine in new bottle! Old and routine "reincarnation" based bollywood script, mediocre songs, equally mediocre acting and still it is the biggest grosser! Bravo. How stupid of us to have fallen for this scam.
But, honestly I am one of the admirers of this movie! I liked it, call it a slick spoof on Bollywood and et all if you wish, but it was entertaining. OSO's main stay was -what else, its age old script! Thats what real Bollywood movies are made of it, its their USP. They got it right.
However, I hope I dont fall for a similar trick from the stables of Farha and SRK again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!

No comments: