Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Indian Ordinance Factory

I bought a toy gun for myself last weekend. It is a fake plastic Air pistol with 6mm plastic bullets for kids older than 16 Yrs. Its a cool looking black pistol with all real life functions such as push button sliding magzine, laser (bulet proof cheats) and awesome power which can be harmful from very short distances. It resembles the 9 mm pistol which cops in India carry and I am told that Mumbai ka bhai log also prefer that gun. I had fortune of seeing one closely while in college. I had a penchant for nasty looking guns and toy cars as a kid and remember having a collection of at least 5 toy guns and about 15 hot wheels cars, all working models...Old memories came alive when I saw this gun in Walmart and just bought it for a cool 45$. I was tempted to buy a real air rifle with metal pellets, but it was little expensive and I am not sure if I could carry it back to India and will I ever be able to use it there..so finally settled with this toy gun. It will look neat in my shelf!
OK, now coming to the title of this post, Indian Ordnace Factory, I saw a advt in Times of India today that IOF is inviting application for its 0.32" revolver and has given its website http://www.ofbindia.com for downloading the form. Well I have no intention of buying this revolver (dont have a licence anyway) but just wanted to tell everyone to visit this website and see how advanced our ordnance factories are! Iwas surprised by the quality of the website as well! good job IOF....

No comments: